Mold Could be Lurking in Your Home from Your Recent Frozen Pipe Break
Central Ohio has experienced two weeks of frigid temperatures and SERVPRO has received countless water damage claims resulting from frozen pipes. If you have experience a broken pipe and did not get a professional company to remediate your water loss, please consider the dangers of mold. Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
Here are some signs of mold to look for:
- Mildew smell
- Visual mold on walls or ceilings
- High humidity
- Wood warping
- Paint Peeling
- Respiratory heath issues
Remediation includes both the identification and correction of the conditions that permit mold growth, as well as the steps to safely and effectively remove mold damaged materials. Discovering the moisture source and resolving the issue will always be the first step in determining a plan of action. If the mold is excessive, the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional can evaluate the quality of the air inside your home.
Although mold is a part of our outdoor and indoor atmosphere, high levels or certain types of mold are harmful to humans.
There are groups of people who are most at risk when exposed to mold:
- Infants and children
- Pregnant woman
- The elderly
- People with compromised respiratory systems or asthma and allergies
- People with weakened immune systems
Don’t let it grow! If you are experiencing any signs of mold, please contact SERVPRO of NE Columbus at 614-888-5700 and we will send one of our experienced estimators to help!