Turkey Fryer Safety
Thanksgiving is known for having the most cooking mishap than any other day. In recent years it has become a Thanksgiving tradition to deep fry turkeys. Instead of taking hours to cook your turkey, deep frying turkey only takes around an hour. Thanksgiving is a special time for family and friends and a few precautions can insure a fun and safe holiday.
- Always use your turkey fryer outdoors away from anything that is flammable.
- Never use your turkey fryer on deck or in your garage.
- Do not leave your turkey fryer unattended.
- Your turkey will need to be completely thawed and dry to prevent the hot oil from flaring up.
- Children and pets should be kept away from the area where you are cooking.
- Do not over fill your turkey fryer.
- Monitor the temperature of the oil often to avoid overheating.
- Protective gear is recommended, such as goggles and oven mitts.
- Let oil cool completely before storing.
Enjoy a safe Thanksgiving with your family and friends!