Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A water loss can be very devastating to anything that the water touches if a homeowner or facility manager does not know how to react. Timing can be everything in these situations and the need for an immediate call to action can be the difference between a minimum loss and a huge disaster. The sooner that SERVPRO of Northeast Columbus can get to your property to assess the situation, the sooner the losses can be mitigated. No matter a big leak or a small one, a water loss can always turn into being very severe if not mitigated properly. Being familiar with our company and capabilities is what will save you time and money in the beginning of your disaster.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (614) 888-5700
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.