If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (614) 888-5700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Space Heater Caused Fire in NE Columbus

Never leave your space heater unattended! A space heater caused this fire damage in the Columbus area. SERVPRO NE Columbus construction team removed and replaces all the charred structure damage. Replacement of wiring, plumbing, ductwork and a new furnace were also requiring in restoring this home to preloss condition.

Here are some tips if you are using a portable space heater.

  • Do not place heater in an enclosed area.
  • Monitor heater when in operation.
  • Never plug into an extension cord.
  • Keep space heaters away from exit ways, walkways.
  • Place heater on a flat surface and never place on furniture.
  • Keep heater at least three feet away from anything that can burn.
  • Make sure you model space heater does not have any recalls.

Please call SERVPRO of NE Columbus 614-888-5700 if you experience a fire loss due to a space heater.